Thycotic: protection of passwords and confidential areas
A developer is paid about 100.000 euros per year. If you employ 100 developers, their added value is 10 million euros annually. Development results are extremely valuable and arouse desires. Protect your innovative power with the Secret Server from Thycotic and our tailor-made development solutions.
Did you know that 52% of all data thefts that occur in manufacturing companies are aimed at the development department?
Did you know that out of 93 % of all targeted data thefts, IT administrators' credentials were stolen beforehand?
Did you know that extremely sensitive login credentials are often stored in Excel lists or similar, exposing companies to major risks?
1. From now on, protect the access to all your sensitive data with an intelligent Privileged Account Management (PAM) Solution
2. Enjoy fast implementation and easy management.
3. Use granular authorization and authentication options.
4. You can easily minimize your own operating expenses.
5. And: IMMEDIATELY ensure that you comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR).
Structure of the PAM solution
The Secret server consists of an application server, as well as a database and it manages access to:
The diagram illustrates the process. When a user needs access to a managed system, he/she connects to the system via the Secret Server. If the Secret Server detects that this user is authorized to access the system, it grants the user access to the system. Otherwise, the user is denied access to the system.
The Secret Server offers not only significantly increased security to protect your sensitive data but is also suited to reduce the company' s risks and save costs in the administration sector. In detail:
Customer benefits: Significantly more security for sensitive areas
1. External employees (temporary staff, trainees): All the necessary login access for this group is limited for only a short period of time. Manual deletions of access rights are not necessary.
2. Dismissal of employees or resignation: When an employee leaves, all access is blocked. There are no accounts, that might have been accidently overlooked, hence still accessible by this employee.
3. Classical lists (Excel or similar) can be extremely risky when it comes to data loss and transferability. This risk is completely eliminated by using the Secret-Server.
Customer benefits:Reduce costs by minimizing administrative costs
4. Access is set at a central point on the Secret Server and not decentralized on each system. This considerably saves time.
5. Rights can also be granted temporarily, for example between 8 pm and 10 pm for maintenance work.
6. If manually maintained lists are inadvertently passed on (EXCEL or similar), ALL passwords must be changed manually, and this is a time-consuming process. However, this is eliminated when using the Secret Server.
Customer benefits: Compliance, in view of the EU GDPR
7. The Secret-Server is part of your company's risk management.
8. Manual password lists (Excel or similar) are naturally critical when it comes to audit processes, usage control and compliance. In contrast, the Secret-Server offers a full audit functionality and usage control.
In May 2016, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR) was passed and it replaced the Federal Data Protection Act in the transition phase until May 2018. In future, offences can be punished with fines of up to 10 million euros or, if the offender is a company, up to 4% of its worldwide annual turnover, depending on which amount is higher.
Hence, ignoring the EU GDPR can jeopardise a company's existence.
Here you will find some interesting links concerning thycotic actions:
Kuppinger CoLE REPORT “PROTECTING THE KEYS TO YOUR KINGDOM AGAINST CYBER-ATTACKS AND INSIDER THREATS”
CAN SECURITY MAKE IT MORE PRODUCTIVE? Read the new Technology Spotlight (IDC Report)